Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Pumpkin spice oatmeal recipe and today's lunch!


Started off the day with a DELICIOUS fall-inspired oatmeal recipe! Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal! Was struggling pretty hard this morning in terms of being on time so I failed to take a picture of the scrumptious concoction but I'm happy to share the recipe with all of you! I'm sure I'll be making it again soon so I'll be sure to snap a pic.

RECIPE FOR PUMPKIN SPICE OATMEAL

1/4 cup canned pumpkin- I used Libby's brand
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup milk or water (I  use unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
1/2 packet truvia
1 tsp pumpkin spice
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 sliced banana (optional topping)

TOTAL: 245 calories per serving (with half banana)

Combine oats and milk or waters in bowl, microwave for 2 minutes (I usually pause to stir mix twice). Once done add all other ingredients and mix.  I like to add bananas, berries or walnuts as yummy toppings!

Today's lunch was a Flatout filled with spinach and turkey, along with a side of fresh strawberries, carrots, and bell peppers! FINALLY trying my new Questbar flavor as an afternoon snack!!

No comments:

Post a Comment