Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Daily meal prepping!



Thought I'd share my weekly meal planning routine! Planning my lunches ahead has always helped me to stay on track and eat healthy when I'm at work.  I use myfitness pal to keep track of my daily macro intakes (protein, carbs, and fat), so I usually plan out what I'm going to eat and pack lunch the night before. This way, I'm not rushed in the morning and it leaves room for my daily coffee run ;)

I try to change up my daily lunches, so I don't get tired of eating the same boring meals each day.  For example, today I packed a salad topped with pear slices, almonds, grilled chicken and poppyseed dressing.  As a side, I packed plain chobani greek yogurt topped with a bit of granola and cinnamon.  
Some other lunches I tend to pack include turkey wraps or bagel thin sandwiches with a side of fruit and veggies.  I also pack snacks to keep me full and give me energy before I head to the gym after work! (questbars, larabars, protein powder + iced coffee, etc.)

Later this week, I'll give a more detailed post about how I track my macros and a daily example of eating + workouts.  Any questions are welcome! Post in comments or email us at pushupsandpopcorn@gmail.com :)

No comments:

Post a Comment