Pages

Saturday, October 12, 2013

73 calorie pumpkin spice protein muffins!!


Finally got around to using the rest of my pumpkin! Made some yummy pumpkin spice protein muffins. Best part? Only 73 calories per muffin.  Since I'm a college student, I don't have a lot of ingredients on hand so I tried to come up with a recipe using what I have in my kitchen.  They were super easy to make and taste SO good! 

3/4 cup rolled oats
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Gold Standard Whey)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin spice
1/2 cup pure pumpkin
1/2 cup almond milk
2 egg whites

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grind oats in blender until you have a powder.  Combine ground oats with rest of dry ingredients then add wet ingredients and stir until smooth.
Fill muffin cups until halfway full and bake for about 18-20 minutes or until the tops are slightly browned.

Recipe makes six muffins!

73 cal per muffin (May change depending on the protein powder you use. Mine is 120 cal per scoop)

13g carb, 1g fat, 6g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment